Wednesday 21 January 2015

A Tale of the Deep

Actually, it is a tale of the deep fried Mars Bar.  As some of you may know, there is almost a mythical status to the Scottish delight of deep fried Mars Bars.  They may not be as plentiful as you might think, but they can be found.  Having never had the pleasure before, while at the Hogmanay street party, we came across a purveyor of this tempting treat.  What is one to do but to partake!  Heather and I both had one - two each actually, but we didn't know when we ordered, or we would have just had a single order - and I can unequivocally say....ick!  What you experience is not so much a Mars Bar, but the taste of all the sugar contained within it as a sticky goo with a bit of batter.

If you are interested in a sample, I suggest that you just fall face down in a bag of sugar mixed with warm lard, and eat to your heart's content.  Actually, I doubt your heart will ever forgive you!  I don't think mine has.

Sorry, Scotland. I'm giving it a big thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment